Want to transfer to Hover?
Let's get started!
Don't own a domain? Get started by registering a domain name.
Domain Transfers Explained
Learn more about transfers with answers to your most frequently asked questions.
View Transfer Pricing
Did you know that for most domains, you keep the remaining time on your registration and add an additional year?
Save with Volume Discounts
Everyone deserves a break. The more domains in you have, the more you save on renewals.
Built for you.
We’ve built a domain management platform that empowers domain experts with the tools they need, while still making things easy for those setting up their first domain.
Get things done with powerful, intuitive tools to help you manage your domains and DNS.
We make it easy for you to connect your domain name to the services that matter most to you.
Buy a bunch of domains, get a break. Perfect for agencies and forward-thinking entrepreneurs.
Hundreds of top-level domains.
We offer over 300 Top-Level Domains, or domain name extensions, for you to choose from.
We connect you to your favorite services.
We want you to use your domain name, so we make it easy to set up services. They're all just a few clicks away.
Questions? We have answers.
- Is there a domain transfer fee?
- Hover does not charge a domain transfer fee. Instead, you will be charged for one year of additional registration that is added to whenever your domain is currently set to expire. This is the case for most top-level domains, however there are a few exceptions. There are a few exceptions with some country code domains, so if you have any questions about a specific extension, you can check with our Support team.
- How long does a domain transfer take?
- There are many factors that will affect the time it takes for your domain to transfer, so it is difficult to provide an accurate estimate. Things like your current registrar’s policies and support, as well as the domain’s extension/top-level domain, can all affect the length of the transfer. Be prepared for the process to wait 1-2 weeks to finalize.
- Do I need to wait until my domain is about to expire before transferring?
- No! In most cases, you can transfer your domain at any time (provided it was not transferred or registered in the last 60 days). The transfer includes a renewal, so you keep the remaining time already registered for that domain and add a year to that. There are a few exceptions with some country-code domains, so if you have any questions about a specific extension, you can check with our Support team.
- How do I know if a domain is eligible for transfer?
- There are a few scenarios that would make your domain ineligible for transfer: If the domain was registered in the past 60 days; if the domain was transferred in the past 60 days; and if the domain is expired longer than a few weeks. Some registries of some top-level domains have their own rules regarding domain transfer eligibility as well, but the easiest way to know is to start a transfer and our transfer check system will let you know whether you are good to go or not.