The rumours are true! Squarespace, the ultimate tool for creating an awesome website, has launched a new ecommerce platform. We’ve been waiting for this, and are really excited about this launch.
- Commerce will work on every template. It’s fully integrated with the rest of their content block system.
- Squarespace won’t charge you per transaction. Commerce is essentially free with a Business Plan. Stripe, the integrated payment processor, charges a simple and transparent fee of $0.30 + 2.9% for every transaction made.
- There are no limits on the amount of inventory (SKUs) you carry in your store, but the platform is ideal for smaller stores
- Create coupons for your store. You can create coupons that apply to all orders, orders that meet a certain minimum, or for specific products
- Express checkout mode
- integrated MailChimp to let customers sign up for email communications from your store at checkout
- Social integration
- The order management interface lets you easily track outstanding orders, resend customer update emails and print packing slips from a single interface
- Want multiple admins? The permissions system allows you to add admins that can only access your store, not your entire website
We think Hover customers will love this new commerce integration. The essence of Squarespace is simplicity and elegance, and their ecommerce platform fits perfectly into that mantra. Head on over to Squarespace to get started. If you already have an online store, easily transfer your inventory (including info and pictures) over from platforms such as Big Cartel and Shopify.
Use the code ‘HOVER’ at checkout and they’ll take 10% off your entire purchase!
Want to learn more? Squarespace is holding two live workshops to help you get started.