Hover loves WordPress for creating blogs. It’s quick to sign-up, easy to post and there’s a community full of celebrities and businesses who use it for their own sites (WordPress hosts CNN’s Political Ticker , Flickr’s corporate blog, and People Magazine’s Style Watch, to name a few). Even we at Hover use WordPress for the Hover Blog! In our experience, WordPress is awesome because:
1. There are hundreds of beautiful (and often enough free!) themes.
2. The ‘pages’ feature on WordPress allows you to create multiple pages such as an ‘About Me’ or ‘Contact’ section for your site. You can even create an entire web site using pages on WordPress.com, with a custom home page and your blog as one of the sub-pages.
3. The integrated stats system gives you up-to-the-minute stats on who’s visiting your blog, where they’re coming from, which posts are the most popular and which search engine terms are sending you the most traffic.
4. Auto-save. ‘Nuff said.
5. It makes it easy to upload photos and embed videos to your blog.
1. Sign-up for a WordPress Blog at wordpress.com/signup by filling in the required fields.
2. Follow the link in the email confirmation to activate your account.
3. Pick a theme.
4. Start posting!
5. Reflect on how quick and easy it was to create a WordPress blog. Use this extra time to read some posts on the Hover Blog :).
We went ahead and created a WordPress blog with the domain we created in Hover’s Ultimate Domain How-to Guide Vol.1 (link). Check it out at www.nickymclaren.com/blog. We used the free theme ‘Ideation and Intent’.
If you’d like to create a domain forward from your Hover domain like ours above, follow these steps:
To create a subdomain forward to your WordPress blog (resume.yourdomain.com) follow the following steps:
To completely redirect your Hover domain to your WordPress blog::
Now you’re ready to start blogging like a pro with Hover and WordPress!
Need Help? You can always get in touch by dropping us a line at email@example.com or calling 1-866-731-6556 Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm EST.
Happy blogging :).