You may have noticed in Hover’s Ultimate Domain How-to Guide Vol. 1 that we had a personalized email address to go along with the website nickymclaren.com/resume. A personal email is both professional and very easy to create using Hover and it really an extra personal touch to your email communications.
As a loyal Gmail user for years, I was excited to learn that I can use my Hover domain through Gmail. I love the Gmail interface and the idea of seeing the same inbox no matter how I connect; smartphone, laptop or tablet. The fundamental flaw with Gmail though is the @gmail.com suffix. It’s just so… generic. There are many benefits to having a personal @yourname.com or @yourdomain.com email address. For one, it speaks to a level of tech savvy that employers are looking for. It can also drive people to visit your domain name when they see that you have an email addres @yourowndomainname.com.
With Hover it’s simple and straightforward to send and receive firstname.lastname@example.org email without sacrificing the excellent Gmail webmail interface.
Here are the steps to follow to send and receive your Hover email through your Gmail account using POP3:
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the gear icon at the top-right hand corner and then click on Mail Settings.
- Under the Accounts and Import tab, look in the Check mail using POP3 section and click on Add POP3 email account.
- Type in your Hover email address and click on Next Step.
- Enter your Hover email address, password, and enter mail.hover.com as the POP server.
- Click on the Add Account button.
- Select the Yes option then click Next Step.
- Type your name then click Next Step
- Select Send through Gmail (easier to setup) and click Next Step.
- Click Send Verification.
- Log into your Hover email and copy the confirmation code or click on the confirmation link, Click Verify.
Now you should be able to send and receive email using your Gmail account!
As always, we’re here to help. Get in touch via email to email@example.com or feel free to give us a call at 1-866-731-6556 Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm EST.
Stay tuned for the next instalment of the Hover Ultimate Domain How-to Series!