The Jetpack plug-in for WordPress is hands down one of the best plug-ins for adding tons of features to your WordPress site. It combines the features of previously separate plug-ins into one crazy awesome plug-in that’s sure to make your WordPress experience a little bit easier.
Cool features of Jetpack:
- simple site stats with no extra load to your server
- social networking enabled comment section
- email subscriptions for your site’s posts and comments AND mobile push notifications for new comments
- ‘After the Deadline’ – a wicked spelling, grammar and style editor
- Your readers can easily share your posts via email, Facebook, Twitter or other social networks (previously provided by the Sharedaddy WordPress plugin.
- A mobile theme that automatically streamlines your site on mobile devices.
- WP.me URL shortener
- Carousel – allows you to transform your standard image galleries into a full-screen experience.
- A CSS editor that lets you customize your site design without modifying your theme.
All featured of the Jetpack are free, except for the VaultPress feature, a monthly subscription service that will backup your site’s content, themes, and plugins in realtime, as well as perform regular security scans for common threats and attacks. Learn more on the VaultPress website.
Jetpack version 1.8.2 can be installed at Jetpack.me or, the easiest way, through WordPress itself. Head over to your dashboard, click on Plugins and click Add New then search for ‘Jetpack’. You’ll need the latest version of WordPress in order to download.